Any plans for the weekend of the 9th and 10th of June? Live in or around London? If your answer is no followed by yes, we totally recommend a visit to Regent’s Park, where the London Green Fair will be taking place! We’ve whittled it down to 5 incredible reasons why we think a trip to the Fair will be the perfect way to spend a summers day:
- London is a hive of green activity! From local farmers, living streets, permaculture, green roofs and real nappies…it’s not always easy to keep up! The London Green Fair seeks to bring all this together in one park for one weekend, so we can all hopefully catch a glimpse of just how much cool stuff is out there
- One of the best (and most simple) ways to 'do your bit' is to buy locally and sustainably sourced goods. The Fair will be hosting a whole bunch of eco-friendly business, from local food producers (such as The People’s Supermarket) & hand-made crafts (including recycled Wellington boots left over from Glastonbury last year), to ethical fashion and heath products.
- Learn more! Want to know more about Rio+20, why biofuels are so frowned upon, how to follow a career in the environment sector, how to grow an urban forest garden, and how to ride a wind-powered bike?! There’s a massive array of workshops, talks and fun stuff to get involved with (plus a children’s eco-zone!)
- BOOGIE in the sunshine There’s tonnes of live music that’s ‘guaranteed to get you jumping’. Can’t say more than that really…
- Project MAYA will be there!!! We’ll be in the market stalls selling our latest MAYA product – seed balls! Not only will we be selling our normal seed ball packs (£4.50 each), but we’ll also offer the unique opportunity to buy seed balls, one ball at a time (15p each). We’ll have funky paper bags so you can ‘pick n’ mix’ whatever seed balls you (and your garden) would best like. Even if seed balls isn’t you’re style, we’d still love it if you’d pop along and say hi!!
Hopefully see you there!